The Project aims towards establishment of a platform for increased participation, interaction and mutual co-operation between academia and industry for design innovation. The focus of the proposal is converging technologies. The project aspires to develop a continuously evolving curriculum for innovation in process, product and system design aligned to meet the needs of the industries in the milieu and society at large.
The major objectives of DIC are to spread Design Education, thereby creating Design Culture and Design thinking and to promote innovation among the students. DIC aims to integrate various resources to develop a larger platform for the university and industry partnership by constructing a platform by bringing industry and university together to foster development of design innovation network that nurtures pioneering ideas and translates them into commercially viable initiatives.
Presently six major thrust areas have been identified for DIC in accordance with the industrial requirements in the surrounding region and the existing strengths and assets of the centre.
Thrust Areas of Design Innovation Center:
- Design of RF planar components for Modern Communication Systems
- Innovative food designing
- Computer assisted drug designing
- Product design employing different types of coatings
- Product design optimization for artificial limb via soft computing approach
- Innovation in material sciences for inclusive development